Underwater Search & Recovery in Phuket.
Have you ever seen someone lose their diving mask or a fin when they jump into the water? Has anyone ever asked you to help them recover their keys, or maybe a small anchor lost over the side of their boat? Ocean, lakes and rivers are dynamic environments, and sometimes things get lost.
Search and recovery are often undertaken by recreational divers this can be hazzardous hence the need for special training
Finding and recovering lost objects small or large is an advanced skill, and requires careful thought and dive planning. Without proper preparation, a search could take considerably longer than it should, or a recovery operation may fail.
This program focuses on the recovery of small items (i.e. ring, watch, wallet, etc.) and medium-sized objects (i.e. underwater cameras, boat motors, etc.) in an open water environment. Recovering items in an overhead environment such as ice, cavern, or wreck requires further training and very specialized techniques which are not covered in this program.
This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives. You will learn about search patterns, specialized dive plans, underwater communication, and how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialized equipment like lift bags. You will earn the SSI Search and Recovery Specialty certification after completing this program.
|Certification Prerequisites:||Open Water Diver|
|Academic Sessions:||Online learning|
|Pool/Confined Water Sessions:||1 mandatory before open water dive|
|Open Water Dives:||2|
|Maximum Training Depth:||Varies with age|
|Suggested Duration:||6 – 10 hours|
What you will be learning?
- How and when to perform basic search patterns
- The limitations of basic search patterns
- How to use triangulation and resection to pinpoint an object in a large body of water
- How and when to perform an advanced search pattern
- The highly versatile standard circular search pattern Underwater searches, much like above water searches, are designed around specific search patterns. The most common forms of underwater search patterns are:
- Circular search
- Jackstay search
- Expanding square search
Planning and organizing your search and recovery operation
- Personnel requirements for a search and recovery operation
- Equipment requirements for a search and recovery operation
- Communication requirements for a search and recovery operation
Underwater Search and Recovery Considerations
- Factors that affect your search and recovery operation
- Understand how to evaluate the factors of a potential search and recovery operation
- Understand the possible effect that the environment can have on a search and recovery
- Understand the importance of high-quality equipment in regard to a search and recovery
- Understand the mental and physical factors involved in a search and recovery
What skills you will be able to apply after the course
- Be able to list specialty recovery equipment needed for recovery operations
- Understand how to properly use a lift bag for lifting an object from the bottom
- Understand the phases of a proper object recovery using a lift bag
Scuba equipment you will be using?
We will supply you with all the equipment free for the course including a dive computer along with a full set of basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your Instructor for the course may also suggest other gear needed and deemed appropriate for local diving in Phuket
You will also be using lift bags to raise items that you locate while on the course – this can be anything from Car Tyres, this would come in handy if you like doing reef clean up projects.
Prior to each dive you will Complete all knowledge Reviews and attend an Instructor Briefing and discuss Pre Dive Procedures and Tasks
Scuba diving specialities are rewarded with recognition
Why you should book your Search and Recovery training Course course with us!
When you take the Search and Recovery training Course course with Phuket Dive Tours you are paying for a full supervised experience. We have two fully equipped, registered dive shops with strict guidelines when it comes to your safety. We are not an Instructor Development Training Center. We do not employ Interns, Trainees or inexperienced Diving Instructors on the cheap to take you on Search and Recovery Course training dives!
All in water experiences are conducted by 100% qualified mature Instructors from England, America, and Australia. Our Instructors all have many years’ experience, extensive knowledge and understanding of the local dive sites, each one teaching scuba diving while living in Phuket. All our instructor hold valid visas and work permits. Remember – Dive safe and don’t let just any anyone take you out scuba diving without asking to see their work permit and Instructor cards first.
Prices are competitive based on our low overheads, we dont see the need to excessively overcharge customers.
Start learning now?
You can Sign up Now with Phuket Dive Tours for the free course online and Get a Search and Recovery training course digital crew-pack that includes your Search and Recovery training course manual. Start Read the manual and watch the Deep diver video before you start the course and meeting with your Instructor to plan your Search and Recovery adventures.
Prices are competitive based on our low overheads we don’t see the need to excessively overcharge customers
Prices start at 8,000 THB and these dives can also be combined with the Nitrox Course