Open water course with Deep & Nitrox Specialities combo.
You will start learning basic open water dive theory as self study, then learn to dive in the pool with our Pro Dive Instructor.
In August 2018 we commenced development with the extension at our Kata beach location creating a unique dive resort & Instructor training center with a purpose built private dive pool, this is due to open in late October 2018. The resort will offer affordable accommodation, onsite restaurant, massage with the advantage of being 100m from the main Beach at Kata and local nightlife. This is the ideal location for learning to scuba dive while having a great holiday.
E learning for your open water course with deep & nitrox is highly recommended and available in many languages. Private study before the start of your course will create more time for you and your instructor to discuss dive knowledge, answer specific questions.
Pre course sign up information.
- Fit To Dive read this Medical Statement & Questionnaire for Open Water Diver Health Check .
- There’s a medical form for any scuba diving activity: you need to read this and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
- Remember 18- 24 hours no Fly after a scuba dive
- NOTE: Before deciding to scuba dive, it is recommended that you have some experience of swimming. Learning to swim before scuba diving will allow you to relax and enjoy your dives, feeling safe in knowing that you are comfortable in water.
- You must be at least 10 years old, in good health
- Perform a Swim Test of 200m any style or 300m using mask snorkel and Fins. + Float in water to deep to stand for 10 minutes without any assistance or flotation aids.
Worth pointing out at this point it’s the Instructor that has the biggest influence on the quality of the scuba courses and the divers they produce.
Confined Open water Scuba diving skills practice:
Your Diver training will be in a Dive pool, or possibly at a local beach., you complete 6 confined open water training dives learning new dive skills and practice the basic principles and safety aspects of scuba diving.
Open Water training dives and depth limitations
- You will complete 4 open water dives with your instructor on a day trip dive boat and practice your skills and develop your confidence in the ocean. The first 2 open water training dives will be no deeper than 12 meters, the next 2 (dives 3-4 ) will be no deeper than 18m –
Deep & Nitrox course theory – Knowledge Development
- After the open water course you will then start the next 2 specialities Nitrox & deep with the free online training we offer to complete the dive theory & knowledge reviews, these you can access on you smart phone or if you prefer reading through the a paper manual.
Nitrox Enriched Air Speciality
Deep diving Speciality
Choosing the best dive sites options for your deep & nitrox diving courses.
As a student learning to dive the choice of open water dive sites for your training dives are often determined by the dive shop selling you the course, you have little or no say in the courses offered to you. Many shops dont offer any flexible choices or alternatives
Option 1 Available 3 Days 1 Beach + 6 boat Available December to May ( 7 dive combo)
- Day 1 – Dive Theory and confined water skills practice. Complete and review your Open Water Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training. 1 beach dive
- Day 2 – Open Water skills mastery from the boat – 3 Boat open water dives + nitrox training dive.
- Day 3 – Deep speciality dives from the boat – 3 Boat Dives
- Price 20,000 THB Includes Open water + Nitrox & Deep specialities with 3 free online elearning digital crew packs and a full set of dive equipment.(No hidden Extras
Open water & Nitrox & deep specialities prices includes:
- Free downloadable SSI Online e learning
- FREE digital Dive Log Book as part of the SSI app
- Free digital certification cards Open water diver + Nitrox & deep specialities with SSI.
- Full set of personalised, fitted diving equipment for the duration of the course.
- We will show you how to use a dive computer and why every diver needs one
- Food, drinks, snacks, meals on all Boat Diving.
The dive sites around Phuket are diverse when it comes to marine life and its often the case that the better deeper water sites do have better variation of marine life, however its worth knowing now that you then have to travel much further, as much as 3 hours to Phi Phi Islands. Remote islands like Phi Phi often have restrictive conditions at the premier dive sites and these may not be available meaning boats often redirect in low season to the not so popular reefs, this can often detract from you enjoyment specifically in late December 24th to January 10th due to the sheer demand. If Choosing Phi Phi you should note that you can spend 3-4 hrs travelling prior to making you first dive of the day at around 11am and Often more than not taking a 6 dive option would result in a very late returns
Why you should book your course with Phuket Dive Tours.
- 2 British Managed Dive shop with 10 years experience – employing British Instructors making diving courses safe and Fun.
- We are Student Training Center at entry beginner level – we focus on Beginners…We dont train Instructors then use them as free labor to teach you.
- All our instructors have many years’ experience, extensive knowledge of the local dive sites, all holding valid visas and work permits.
- Reputation, we have excellent reviews and customer feedback for quality services and customer care.
- VALUE, with our Diving courses we have low overheads so we pass savings back to customers.
- We offer Kata Beach dives in high season November to April as a shorter course options allowing you more time to do other holiday activities.
- We tell customers that the location of your hotel can add an extra 1 hour to travelling per day if staying in Patong.
- The Best Location for your Course and diving Holiday is Kata Beach meaning shorter travelling times often in private transport.
- If you are staying in Patong and have booked a Dive Course you can expect to get picked up at 7am.
- We offer Partial refunds if Customers feel the dont want to continue with the course.
Our Office is located at Kata Beach, we have Daily Free Local Departures/transfers from all Hotels in the following resorts :-travelling time to Chalong marina is around 15 minutes
Free Transfers Day 2 and 3 from 7:15- 7:30 Patong – 7:30 7:45 Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Rawai Beach – Nai Harn – Chalong Bay (Transfers to boat 15 Mins )
Extra Charge Private car Transfer fee per day 7:00am Ban Tao & Surin Beach 1,600thb – Maikhao Beach – Ban Tao – Airport Area 1,500 THB
Extra Charge Transfer fees per day – 7:00am Cape Panwa +1000thb – 7.00am Koh Siray 1000Tthb – 7.15am Phuket Town + 1000thb
The tour itineraries can be change depend on the local weather condition any changes will be made by the tour leader and boat captain on your trip based on matters of safety
Buy Now online – 100% refund back into your account within 12 hours if the trip is cancelled due to Bad weather – we dont take any money when mother nature stops the scuba diving
To make an enquiry about the Open water Diver Course