SSI Dive Professional Crossover
The intent of the SSI Dive Professional Crossover program is to provide an orientation to SSI philosophies and procedures to dive professionals from other recognized scuba training agencies. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to conduct SSI programs equivalent to their existing qualifications in a safe and enjoyable manner. Upon completion you will be certified as an SSI Dive Professional commensurate with your previous certification and experience. This program is not intended to retrain you and it is not a test, but an opportunity to familiarize you with the SSI System and Philosophy through a workshop atmosphere.
• SSI Philosophy
• Concept of Digital Learning
• SSI App
• SSI Education System
• Record Keeping and Quality Assurance
• SSI Business System
• SSI Dive Centre Standards
• Workshop: Dive Guide Program
• Workshop In-Water Skills
• Diver Training: Are we training kneelers or divers?
Like all SSI programs, this crossover is built on self-paced home study that requires initiative fromthe candidate. You should make every effort to complete as much as possible before the program begins, since this will reduce the time spent lecturing once the program starts.
Required Proof of professional qualifications
This is a critical component of the crossover, since you cannot receive your SSI certifications until your documents are submitted and approved by SSI. Prior to starting the crossover, you will be informed of the required documentation, and shown how to provide it to SSI, either digitally or through the instructor trainer.
Scheduling of the course
Dive centres and instructors often have very busy schedules, and you will be attending the crossover in a very short timeframe to accommodate this. It can be challenging to properly describe and understand the core values of SSI within this time frame, which is why the home-study component is so important.
You will have additional support once the cross over is finished. Your instructor will be available to answer questions and provide additional insights once the program is complete via email or additional dive centre visits if necessary.
The SSI Dive Professional Crossover program can be conducted in a variety of formats, depending on the needs of the candidates and the dive centre. You must ensure that you understand the time
commitment required and that you can attend all components of the crossover. If you are attending the crossover for Divemasters, we only need one full day.
The main body of the cross over (Assistant Instructor – Divemaster Instructor) requires at least two full working days to complete. If there are candidates applying for Assistant Instructor Trainer / Master Instructor, an additional one to two days is required.
We will conduct an orientation session either in person or via email 2 weeks prior to the actual crossover. This is a great opportunity to provide information about preparing for the crossover, required documentation, scheduling and locations.The schedule is flexible and can be adjusted and extended if required
Day 1: Classroom Academic Workshop: 9 hours
Day 2: In-Water/Classroom In-Water Skills Workshop: 4 hours Academic Workshop: 2 hours Final Exam: 2 hours Summary and Closing Statements: 1 hour
You may be concerned that you may lose a rating that you have invested significant time and money into, so ensure that any questions about equivalent ratings are answered prior to the crossover beginning. You will be asked to provide your certification documentation and student counts prior to starting the crossover. Both SSI, Padi, BSA, all recognize & accept each others diver certifications levels any diver can cross over from either agency to the other when they undertake and complete any additional diver training.
One of our Instructor Trainers will conduct the Dive Professional Crossovers.
Minimum age: 18 years old.
Must hold an equivalent rating from a recognized agency for the program being crossed over.
Must meet the minimum certification requirements for the program being crossed over. A Divemaster Professional Crossover candidate must have completed the Science of Diving knowledge and skill assessment. If the candidate will be certified as an Assistant Instructor Trainer, they must also complete that portion of the crossover.
SSI Instructor ratings.
The crossover process will follow the equivalency charts listed in the SSI Training Standards. Thisprocess is usually “horizontal”, meaning you will receive a rating as high as your previous agency’s
rating. We will determine the appropriate SSI certification once you have completed the crossover.
The Instructor crossover process.
1. The candidate enrols and creates a mySSI user account click here with a valid email address.
2. We register you for the Dive Professional Crossover and order the Digital Crossover Kit based on your expected certification level.
3. The candidate uploads all required documentation to their mySSI account
Current Medical History form, current O2 Provider, First Aid and CPR certifications.Current dive professional liability insurance (where required)
4. We order the physical crossover kits (including the additional In-Water Evaluation slate for any AIT candidates)
5. The candidate attends and completes the applicable sections of the crossover program
Divemaster candidates must complete the following sections:
- Introduction and SSI Philosophy
- Your mySSI Account
- The DiveSSI App
- SSI Education System (Recreational scuba certification and recognition programs only)
- When Are You REALLY a Diver?
- SSI Professional Ratings
- Risk Awareness
- SSI Business System (excluding Dive Guide Workshop
- Assistant Instructor/Instructor candidates must complete the entire crossover
- Assistant Instructor Trainer / Staff Instructors and higher candidates must complete the additional AIT Crossover.
6. The completed and signed Crossover Training Record and Training Record and Universal Application form (for all levels beyond Open water Instructor) are sent to the SSI Service Centre Instructor candidates from non-recognized training agencies must register for an Instructor Evaluation
7. Once the course is complete we notify the SSI Service Centre who then issue the professional
How much is the cross over course ?
Digital material 7700 THB
SSI Pro registration 2300 THB
Wet notes 1250 THB
Pro Pack 875 THB
IT fee 5875 THB
Total 18000 THB
Option 1 cash price 18,000thb
Option 2 10,000 deposit, work off the Balance 8000thb or PDT.
Option 3 5,000 deposit, 5,000 paid the day of the course, work off the Balance 8000thb for PDT.
Lunch is not provided during the course, and 300THB is payable for the pool on day 2.