Racha Yai Island is one of the major island in Andaman Sea visited by Tourist just south from Phuket, and is one of the most beautiful tropical islands in Thailand with fantastic beaches and stunning coral reef, situated 23 km from the South of Phuket island. It is the ideal place to visit and suitable for those who love a solitary life with the touch of peacefulness. There are no roads and hence no traffic so walking is easy and enjoyable. The beaches are very quiet.
Racha Yai Island is a local Island south of Phuket, Thailand, it takes around a half hour by daily speedboat, it’s a great place for snorkeling and Scuba diving and also lazy beach life.
Racha island snorkeling Day trip has some great sightseeing spots, the best snorkelling areas are located in Bungalow Bay, Siam Bay, and also many secluded bays on the east side of the island. Racha Yai offers some of the Best Snorkelling reefs in Thailand and Asia. Koh Racha Yai (เกาะราชาใหญ่) and Koh Racha Noi (เกาะราชาน้อย), also known as Koh Raya Yai and Koh Raya Noi, are twin islands off the southeastern coast Phuket
You may also want to consider the more stable bigger boat for snorkeling trip to Racha Noi & Racha Yai if you visiting Phuket between May and December
What to see at Racha Yai
Racha Yai Island hosts many shallow water coral reefs that make it the perfect choice for snorkelers and if you want to learn Scuba for a day we run daily Padi Discover Scuba Diving day trips all year round. While walking around the Island keep a eye on the sky’s as local haws and eagles are often seen soaring over head. With an abundance of Nature to see its a great place for Photographers and wildlife lovers.
At the northern side of Bungalow Bay AKA Patok Beach you will find local Sea food on the lunchtime menu, a short walk after lunch will take you to an amazing view point right next to the green roofed Bungalows, hence the name Bungalow Bay.
Siam Bay is a must place to visit this white powder sandy beach is without doubt Paradise, the beach is gently sloping towards the clear blue waters, not many people go here so its one place you should go.
Please check availability & conditions prior to booking.
Day trip Schedule:
- 8:00am pick up from the free transfer locations listed
- 9.00AM Departs by speedboat from Chalong Pier Phuket to Racha Yai Island around this can take 30 – 45 mins.
- 9.45AM Arrive at Racha Yai Island (Patok or Ter Bay depending on season and weather) where you can relax for 1 hour to explore the local beach, or swim in the clear blue waters, or rent a local beach chair.
- 11.15AM The speedboat will take you to Siam Bay where you can try snorkelling the bay offers the chance to see some great marine life on a shallow reef suitable for all ages. Please wear a life jacket at all time when in the water.
- 12.20PM arrive for Lunch will be served freshly cooked local Thai dishes and local fruits. After lunch you have free time to relax looking out to sea or snorkel.
- If you have never tried scuba diving, we can also offer personal try dives to this island running every day with one of our dive instructors, take a PADI Discover Scuba Diving adventure in shallow waters its fun and you will get to see some of the local marine life. If you have any questions regarding visiting the is amazing Island just send us a short email message and a member of staff will get back to you.
- 2.45PM All guests will meet up at the reception are in the restaurant and return to the beach.
- 3.00PM The speed boat will leave Racha Yai Island and return to Chalong (with or without you)!
- 3.45PM You arrive at Chalong pier and transfer back to your hotel after having one of the best days out in Paradise without doubt you will remember this wonderful experience on one of Thailand’s truly Tropical Islands for the rest of your life….
What included in our Day trip
Mask and snorkel are provided free of Charge – Fins are available for rent at 100 thb prior to boarding the speedboat. Personal items to take with You are sunglasses, sun cap, sun block / lotion, camera beach towel.
How to stay safe while snorkeling in Phuket
This speed boat trip is suitable for age 4 years up to 60 years. However this trip is not available for a child under 1 year, pregnant women, or women who may be try to become pregnant. This trip is not suitable for any person with spinal, back or neck problem. The highlights of the trip are Snorkelling, swimming and we must recommend that you wear a life jacket at all time while you are in the water, the trip also involves walking on the island and sightseeing. The tour itineraries can be change depend on the local weather condition. It’s will be decide by the tour leader and boat captain on your trip. We may also incorporate this trip with other snorkeling & tour operators / companies running similar trips to the same locations.
Transfers to the Port.
Phuket Dive Tours Office is located at Kata Beach we have Daily Free Local Departures transfers from all Hotels in the following resorts :- Picking up at Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Kalim Beach – Chalong Bay – Patong
Extra Charge Shared Transfer fees from Phuket Town – Rawai -Nai Harn – Katu – Kamala – Cape Panwa – Chengtalay – Bangtao – Laguna – Koh Siray Island
Extra Charge Private car Transfer or Minivan from:Maikhao Beach – Nai Yang – Talang -Ban Tao – Airport Area 1,500 THB – Surin Beach 1,800 thb – Khaolak 3,000 thb
Racha Yai island Private Charter Speed Boat Hire
We also offer private charter speedboat service with private snorkeling guide and Island Discovery tours for small or large Private groups, lunch is also included, this can often work out to be great value, and we arrange everything so you don’t have to worry…..for more information on Private speed boat charters for Scuba diving and Snorkeling trips.