Scuba Diver Courses for Beginners
Get your International Scuba Diver Course in Phuket sign up today and start learning to Scuba Dive, Phuket Dive Tours will teach you as a complete Beginner up to your full scuba Diver certification in 1 or 2 days.
The “Scuba Diver” course Is for beginners and allows you to dive in Open water to a depth of 12m. Start with free elearning online & receive a free digital scuba diver manual the course takes 2 days at the end you will receive a full Internationally accepted scuba diver licence from PADI or SSI
Do I need to be a good swimmer to scuba dive?
The reason you should be comfortable in water and confident as a swimmer is that after you complete the course and have scuba certification you may often dive with people maybe you have never met before, as a certified dive it would be expected that if you you have an scuba diving certification or you can look after yourself or your buddy if they got into difficulty, hence each could look after the other one, this Buddy system makes Diving Safe.
Pre course sign up information.
- Fit To Dive read this .Medical Statement and Questionnaire
- Remember 18- 24 hours no Fly after a scuba dive
- NOTE: Before deciding to scuba dive, it is recommended that you have some experience of swimming. Learning to swim before scuba diving will allow you to relax and enjoy your dives, feeling safe in knowing that you are comfortable in water.
- Any diver who cannot swim adds additional risk to their personal safety. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer, just comfortable in water.
- Float in water to deep to stand for 10 minutes without any assistance or floation aids.
- To register for the scuba Diver course program, you must be 10 years old.
- There’s a medical form for any scuba diving activity: you need to read this and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
When you sign up for your Scuba diver course you will be issued with your personal crew pack containing your PADI paper scuba diver Manual – you complete the three main knowledge reviews, at the end of the first 3 chapters, later with your instructor you will review the chapters and then complete completing 3 short quizzes. that’s the book work finished for you! Now its time to Dive in the Pool.
The Scuba Diver course consists of thee phases:
- Complete 3 Knowledge Development sections using elearning or the Paper manual.
- Learning the Diving skills you will need to scuba Dive in Open Water around Phuket
- Complete and review the diver training with 2 Open Water Dives.
Most visitors to the island who are intent on getting scuba certified choose SSI as it offers more Bang for your Bucks, with free digital E learning when you sign up + free digital C card & digital log book all available online on your Phone as an APP so you can access your dive card and logbook for free without paying extra.
When you sign up for your Scuba Diver course you will be issued with your crew pack containing your Open Water Manual or E book, your student record file and medical questionnaire which you must
Scuba Diving Confined Water skills development: This can be conducted in a dive pool or at a local beaches over the 1st Day learning what skills you need to dive safe, the instructor wil guide you through these scuba skills at your own speed correcting anything and helping you to master them. Now its time to go Scuba diving.
Complete you Scuba Diver Training course with 2 Open Water Dives : These are over the last Day at one of the many local open water reefs beach reefs, or on a day trip dive boat, depending on the option you choose.
Your scuba diver course in Phuket.
The scuba Diver Course has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle and the spectacular sights of the underwater kingdom. We have many schedules available all depend on customers choice and time they have available.
- No previous diving experience is needed for the scuba Diver Course; however any previous diving experience you may have, e.g. the Try scuba or Discover Scuba Diving program, may be credited towards a portion of the scuba Diver certification.
- The 1 or 2-Day program is fully supervised by our dedicated and experienced qualified Instructors.
- You must be at least 10 years old, in good health and comfortable in water too deep in which to stand.
Scuba diver core course modules:
- Dive theory – complete and review the firts 3 Knowledge Development sections in the Open Water Diver Course manual; complete quizzes under the guidance of your Instructor to verify understanding;
- If You choose the Free elearning with SSI we can monitor your progress via your free diver profile.
- Confined Water skills practice – Learn the dive skills you will need to scuba dive.
- Open Water skills mastery – Complete and review the diver training with 2 Open Water Dives on a Diving Boat.
Scuba diver course options for training materials & Instruction.
We are one of the few dual scuba diving agencies in Phuket that offer scuba diving courses from both PADI & SSI having received 2 awards in 2017 from PADI who proudly recognised both our outstanding contributions to the diving industry as well as awarding us the PADI 5 Star rating. In January 2018 we also joined SSI (Scuba schools International) to offer our customers even more choice on scuba diving education. As our team of instructors are licensed to teach both PADI & SSI courses we can advise you if you are unsure what course option would suit your course time frame, expectations & overall experience.
Like any scuba diver training course if you pre-study you are well ahead of the game on the learning curve. It is important to remember that the top globally recognized agencies all offer training courses that meet the same international standards. Worth pointing out at this point the Instructors has the biggest influence on the quality of the courses and the divers they produce.
SSI and PADI agencies have been around since 1969 and 1970, respectively, and each have high quality teaching materials and high standards for diver Education, each are certified by the WRSTC (World Recreational Scuba Training Council) and the ISO/EUF (International Standards Organisation/European Underwater Federation). The knowledge and skill requirements are almost identical which means certifications are equivalent, interchangeable and recognized globally.. Its irrelevant what scuba Diver course reading materials you choose as both brands are similar in many way each conform to the international standards for diving education ISO 24803:2017.
Most visitors to the island who are short on time and intent on getting scuba diver certification choose the free e Learning options as it offers more Bang for your Bucks, with free digital C card & digital log book all available online on your mobile Phone at the touch of a finger. Those who have more time may opt for the PADI course with classroom study at the dive Shop.
Start with online study and its free elearning with a digital online manual. Learning online saves holiday time so you can quickly assess the dive Pool, then moving onto exploring reefs in open water, at the end of your diving course, you will receive a worldwide Internationally accepted scuba diving licence.
The scuba diver elearning online courses materials integrate perfectly into the daily logistics of everyday life this suits most student divers meaning you learn at your own pace.
Choosing the best dive sites options for your course.
As a student learning to dive the choice of dive sites for your training dives are often determined by the dive shop selling you the course, you have little or no say in the courses offered to you. Many shops dont offer any flexible choices or alternatives to long boat rides, some will focus only 6 dives (4 training dives and 2 extra dives) We don’t feel the need to pass off additional course dives as extra free dives as part of some cheap marketing strategy. The dive sites around Phuket are diverse when it comes to marine life and its often the case that the better deeper water sites do have better variation of marine life, however its worth knowing now that you then have to travel much further, as much as 3 hours to Phi Phi Islands. Remember this is a scuba diving course and not an endurance test when opting for Phi Phi Island Diving. Remote islands like Phi Phi often have restrictive conditions at the premier dive sites and these may not be available meaning boats often redirect in low season to the not so popular reefs, this can often detract from you enjoyment specifically in late December 24th to January 10th due to the sheer demand. If Choosing Phi Phi you should note that you can spend 4 hrs travelling prior to making you first dive of the day at around 11am and Often more than not taking a 6 dive option would result in a very late returns
As customers we give you the flexible options – you have the choice to buy the course you want, based on the time you have available, and the price you want to Pay.
The scuba diver course beach diving option is shorter on time due to shorter transfer time to dive sites from our Dive shops and may not be available between May to November this all depends on the weather at the beach.
Day 1 of the Scuba Diver diving course starts with an introduction by your diving instructor who will mark and review the first 3 independent study sections you have completed inside your open water manual in our classroom, you will then complete 3 short quizzes then break for lunch. In the afternoon you will complete 3 confined water skill session in the pool or at the beach to develop diving skills that you need in order to dive safely around Phuket.
Day 2 You have the option of beach or boat diving where you complete 2 Open Water Dives and practice scuba diving skill, its as simple as that and there’s no Scuba Diver exams. Scuba Diving day trips normally start with hotel pickup @7:30, breakfast is served onboard, travel time to the site can be around 2 hours, the first open water dive is usually around 10.00 – 11.00 am. Your second open water dive is after lunch, with transfers time back to your hotel depending on the location of the dive sites visited, these return time can be between 4.30pm / 7.30pm The beach open water diving option is shorter on time due to shorter transfer time to the local dive sites.
Dive course theory – knowledge development options:)
- You can begin to study independently by reading through the course materials and completing the short quizzes therein. The scuba Diver elearning Course manual has Knowledge Reviews at the end of each chapter, which must be completed. The Knowledge Reviews will be reviewed by your Diving instructor when you arrive at the dive shop.
- E learning courses are highly recommended, particularly for those whose first language is not English. Private study before the start of your course will create more time for you and your instructor to discuss dive knowledge, answer specific questions you may have and most importantly, practice pool skills in water on day one.
Confined water diving & skills practice:
Confined water is defined as Swimming pool, or confined open water that offers students the same environment as a swimming pool. Diver training will be often be conducted in a Dive pool, or possibly at a local beach over 1 to 2 days, depending on the course option you choose and how you progress. During the confined water sessions you will learn scuba Diver scuba skills you will need for diving safely in open water.
- Complete 3 Confined Open Water Diver Course sessions in the pool or at the beach
- While Learning new dive skills and practice the basic principles and safety aspects of scuba diving, under the continuous supervision of your fully-qualified scuba Instructor
Scuba Diver skills mastery:
You will complete 2 Open Water (dives in the ocean) these training dives are completed over the remaining time of the course. These dives are conducted at some of the many local islands and coral reefs where you can enjoy some of the most beautiful diving in Phuket.
Its worth Pointing Out – If you are wanting or thinking of Phi Phi island for the courses, Imagine travelling the same distance from England to France and back to do a Dive – its simply No Fun for students, Its a very long day with often Big waves and Bad vizability and really unsuitable for student diver Training. We don’t sell Phi Phi on the promise of seeing Whale Sharks or Manta Rays while doing a scuba course but other shops will tempt you to signing up with this unrealistic Promise!
Recent new Thai law has banned all training dives at the main Phi Phi Dive sites this includes scuba diver Training dives & Open water training diving at Phi Phi is physically demanding day trip of up to 12/ 13hr and simply no fun for students
If You want to take a dive course and dive at Phi Phi then staying at Phi Phi, its logistically better for you in the long term..
Course Price Includes:
- Open Water Manual or fre online elearning
- Recreational Scuba diver dive planner
- Scuba Diver certification card (free E card with SSI option)
- Scuba Diver registration
- All equipment rentals for the diving course
- Logbook (digital with SSI app)
- Hotel transfers day 2
- Continental breakfast, and buffet, lunch is also served on the diving day trip boat.
Lots of fun, a life changing experience! With any Scuba diving training course there’s no substitute for one to one private instruction, we don’t charge extra for this service.
Learn to Scuba Dive in Phuket is easy with our Beginners Scuba Diver Course and “you can easily get Certified as a Scuba Diver in 2 days.The “Scuba Diver” Course allows you to dive in Open water to a depth of 12m .