Discover Scuba for beginners & Try Scuba diving in Phuket.
Discover Scuba diving is for beginners and is easy! No experience is needed to have a fantastic day scuba-diving experience for your first time underwater with experienced English, Australian, Swedish and instructors.
Scuba Diving: Rules you need to understand as a beginner
To register for try scuba diving program, you must be at least 10 years old.
There’s a medical form for any new scuba diving activity: You need to read this form prior to diving for beginners and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
- Beginners Click here and read this Diving Medical Form.
- Beginners Click here Remember 18- 24 hours no Fly after a scuba dive
Do I need to be able to swim to scuba dive?
NOTE: Before deciding to try Scuba Diving as a beginner, it is recommended that you have some previous experience of being in the water. Learning to swim before scuba diving will allow you to relax and enjoy your dives. Any student diver who cannot swim adds additional risk to their personal safety and that of others. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer.
If you can’t swim, you can start by enrolling in the ‘Scuba Diving for Non-Swimmers’ experience that we offer.
You can read more about this subject in our article “Do I need to know how to swim to go scuba diving?”
Limitations to where beginners can safely try scuba diving:
The Best scuba diving training facility in Phuket
Beautiful conditions in our in house pool for this team. SuperStarInstructors Michael Kerr and Franck Degousée teaching SSI Try Scuba Pool. www.phuketdivetours.com
Posted by Dive Phuket on Friday, September 6, 2019
A 1-hour pool ‘discover scuba’ or ‘Try Scuba’ session can be combined with beach dive is the best choice and safest form for trying scuba diving as a first-time nonswimmer. It is cheaper than a boat day trip, takes around 2-3 hrs and can be done in the mornings or after lunch, most days at the beach between late November and May.
As a beginner, your instructor will check over your student diver registration and medical form and then conduct an interactive briefing that covers the basics of learning to scuba dive. You will learn about breathing and equalization techniques underwater, scuba diving equipment, hand signals used to communicate and techniques for clearing your mask and regulator. Your Instructor will also prepare you for some of the aquatic life you may see during your dive.
It is natural and normal to feel a little nervous before diving for the first time. Don’t worry! At Phuket Dive Tours, your safety and enjoyment of diving is our first priority, and so all our Instructors will conduct this first dive Session.
Diving Skills for Beginners:
What you will learn?
- Learn how to clear a mask that has water inside
- How to remove and replace the regulator
- How to equalize air spaces and how to relax
Your understanding and comfort is our top priority. Your first session can be in a swimming pool or in the shallow waters at a local beach dive site or a boat trip out to the Racha Islands.
Diving in the Andaman Ocean for the first time
Training: Your instructor will give you a briefing on safety and things you will be doing prior to reaching the dive site. At the dive spot you will enter the water with your Instructor together and your Instructor, they will continually supervise you in the water for the 40-50 minutes training session. They will demonstrate several dive skills, which you will then perform yourself. After completing the skills, when you and your Instructor both feel you are ready, you will then have the option to dive in open water.
Diving adventure: This is where things get really exciting – your first open water diving experience! Your Instructor will set up and help you put on your equipment. You will enter the water together and your instructor will take you on a personal, guided tour of the fascinating underwater world, highlighting the diverse range of aquatic plants and animals, and of course, help you stay relaxed and comfortable on your amazing first journey underwater.
Half-day Discover Scuba diving at Kata Beach 3 HOURS (Check for availability)
Beginners Full Day 2 dive Racha Yai trip Itinerary:
- 07:00 am – 08:00 Pick up from your hotel with transfer to the pier / diving boat.
- 08:30 am – Depart from the pier to Racha Yai island, have breakfast, listen to the boat safety briefing, and conduct a safety briefing with your Instructor.
- 10.30 am – Arrive at the first dive site for the first in-water session. Learn dive skills and conduct safety training. Tour of the dive site with your instructor.
- 11.45 am – Lunch is served during the 1-hour surface interval between your dives.
- 1.15 pm – Start the second dive explore and Discover the local reefs with your instructor’s supervision, gaining confidence and having fun.
- 2.15 pm – Depart Racha Yai and Return to Chalong pier
- 3.00 pm – Transfer return to your hotel
All open water ocean training dive sessions are around 40 – 50 minutes.
Beginners Full Day 3 dive trip Racha Noi & Yai Itinerary:
- 07:00 am – 08:00 Pick up from your hotel with transfer to the pier/diving boat.
- 08:30 am -Depart from the pier to Racha Noi island, have breakfast, listen to the boat safety briefing, and conduct a safety briefing with your Instructor.
- 10.30 am – Arrive at the 1st dive site for the first in-water session. Learn dive skills and conduct safety training at the dive site with your instructor.
- 11:45 am – Lunch is served during the 1-hour surface interval between your dives.
- 1.00 pm – Start the 2nd at Racha Noi explore and Discover the local reefs with your instructor’s supervision, gaining confidence and having fun.
- 2.00 pm – Depart from Racha Noi cruise to Racha Yai relaxing on the boat.
- 3.00 pm- Start the 3rd at Racha Yai explore and Discover the local reefs with your instructor’s supervision, gaining confidence and having fun.
- 4.15 pm depart Racha Yai
- 5.30 pm Transfer return to your hotel
All open water ocean training dive sessions are around 40 – 50 minutes.
Why you should book your first dive with us!
When you learn to scuba dive with Phuket Dive Tours you are paying for a full day’s supervised experience with the best Instructors in Phuket.
Our core business is the entry-level courses. We do not employ Interns, trainees or inexperienced driving instructors on the cheap to take you scuba diving underwater for the first time! All in-water experiences are conducted by 100% qualified mature Instructors from England, Australia, Sweden, and France. Our instructors all have many years of teaching experience, extensive knowledge, and understanding of the local dive sites, each one teaching scuba diving while living in Phuket,
All our instructors hold valid visas and work permits. Remember – Dive safe and don’t let just any anyone take you scuba diving without asking to see their work permit and Instructor cards first.
Scuba diving in Phuket FAQ’s
Learning scuba-diving safely is easy, picking the right agency can often be difficult, it’s worth doing some background checks on the company you intend to book with in order to satisfy yourself that you will be well looked after and be in safe hands while you learn to scuba-diving.
Phuket Dive Tours #1 of 13 Tours in Kata Beach
Transfers to dive boats:
Our offices are located at Kata Beach as well as Chalong, we have daily local departures/transfers from all hotels in the following resorts:
- 7:00 am Kamala Beach – 7:15 am Kalim Beach –
- 7:30 Patong (Transfers will take up to 1 Hour Minivan ride from Patong in Hi season)
- 7:45 Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Rawai Beach – Nai Harn – Chalong Bay
Extra charge private car transfer fee from 7:00 am Kamala + 1600 THB – Ban Tao & Surin Beach Mai Khao Beach – Airport Area 1,800 THB return
Extra charge transfer fees – 7:00 am Cape Panwa + 1000 THB – 7.00 am Koh Siray 1000 THB – 7.15 am Phuket Town + 1000 THB
To book this experience send us a direct email with any questions you may have we can then get back to you.