PADI Open Water Diver License
With the PADI or SSI Open Water Diver Course you can sign up today and start learning to Scuba Dive, Phuket Dive Tours will teach you as a complete Beginner up to your full Open Water Diver certification in 2, 3 days. You will start learning basic dive theory in the classroom as well as signing up today for the online study, then learn to dive in the pool with a qualified PADI & SSI Dive Instructor. You practice your skills and develop your confidence in the ocean with 4 open water dives (these can be beach dives or boat dives). during which your Instructor will also introduce you to the natural wonders of the underwater world. Get ready to feel trepidation changed to courage, anticipation transformed into passion, and unlock the door to the hidden beauty of nature beneath the surface!
SSI and PADI are global leaders in the diving industry for the last 30 years, when it comes to Diver education, there’s simply no 2 other agencies that comes anywhere near to certifying divers world wide each has online training available to assist with student education.
SSI offers free online learning materials and free insurance with a host of other free extras. Phuket Dive Tours offer both courses options as our instructors teach both brands as we feel its in the interest of customers to have a choice of both options. Sign up now click here to create your Open water diver account with free online e learning
Additional Open water course options
If you you are thinking of the SSI or PADI Open water course option then you may want to consider to combine the Open Water Diver with the Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty program
You will earn the Open Water Diver and Enriched Air Nitrox (32% or 40%) Specialty certifications after completing these programs each has free online elearning training materials.
Open water Diver Course:
- PADI & Scuba Schools International (SSI) Open Water Diver Courses have introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle and the spectacular sights of the underwater kingdom. We have many schedules available all depend on customers choice and time they have available.
- No previous diving experience is needed for the Open water Diver Course; however any previous diving experience you may have, e.g. the Try scuba or Discover Scuba Diving program, may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver Course certification.
- The 2 or 3-Day program is fully supervised by our dedicated and experienced PADI-qualified Instructors.
- You must be at least 10 years old, in good health and comfortable in water too deep in which to stand.
Free Online E learning course & Insurance on all SSI Open water diver courses.
You can begin to study independently by reading through the course materials and completing the short quizzes therein. The Open Water Diver Course manual has Knowledge Reviews at the end of each chapter, which must be completed. The Open Water Knowledge Reviews will be required by your Diving instructor on the first day of your 3-day diving course option, so this independent study section of the manual is very important. water -diver-course/
Open Water Diver Course Modules:
- Dive theory – complete and review the Knowledge Development sections in the Open Water Diver Course manual; complete quizzes under the guidance of your Instructor to verify understanding; complete Course Final Exam with 75% or more questions correct. If You choose the Free elearning with SSI we can monitor your progress via your free diver profile.
- Confined Water skills practice – Learn the dive skills you will need to scuba dive.
- Open Water skills mastery – Complete and review the diver training with 4 Open Water Dives on a Diving Boat.
Dive Course Theory – Knowledge Development options:
- With a PADI paper Books or PADI E manual start learning or pre study on line + 1000 THB
- Register for free SSI E LEARNING and complete all the Knowledge Reviews, quizzes on-line in your first language at no extra cost
- Instructor-led classroom sessions at the dive shop or at a local Pool (4-5 hours on Day 1)
- E learning or On line E books are highly recommended, particularly for those whose first language is not English. Private study before the start of your course will create more time for you and your instructor to discuss dive knowledge, answer specific questions you may have and most importantly, practice skills in water on day one.
Confined water diving & skills practice:
Confined water is defined as Swimming pool, or confined open water that offers students the same environment as a swimming pool. Diver training will be often be conducted in a Dive pool, or possibly at a local beach over 1 to 2 days, depending on the course option you choose and how you progress. During the confined water sessions you will learn the 24 PADI Open Water Diver scuba skills you will need for diving safely in open water.
- Complete 5 Confined Open Water Diver Course sessions in the pool or at the beach
- While Learning 24 new dive skills and practice the basic principles and safety aspects of scuba diving, under the continuous supervision of your private fully-qualified PADI scuba Instructor
Open Water Dive skills mastery:
4 PADI Open Water (dives in the ocean) these training dives are completed over the remaining two days of the PADI course. These dives are conducted at some of the many local islands and coral reefs where you can enjoy some of the most beautiful diving in Phuket. Your Open Water diver training starts with hotel pick-up at 7:30 am. Breakfast is served on-board if you choose the boat dives, and travel time to the site is around 1 to 1½ hours; the first open water dive is usually around 10.30 – 11.00 am. Your second open water dive is after lunch, with transfer time back to your hotel depending on the location of the dive sites visited but usually around 3:30 – 4.30pm (Racha Yai) or Racha Noi ..
Its worth Pointing Out – If you are wanting or thinking of Phi Phi island for Open water Courses, Imagine travelling the same distance from England to France and back to do a Dive – its simply No Fun for students, Its a very long day with often Big waves and Bad vizability and really unsuitable for student diver Training,.
We dont sell Phi Phi on the promise of seeing Whale Sharks or Manta Rays while doing a scuba course but other shops will tempt you to signing up with this unrealistic Promise!Recent new Thai law has banned all training dives at the main Phi Phi Dive sites this includes open water Training dives Open water training diving at Phi Phi is physically demanding day trip of up to 12/ 13hr and simply no fun for students
If You want to Take a dive course and Dive at Phi Phi then stay at Phi Phi, its logistically better for you in the long term..
The PADI open water course beach diving option is shorter on time due to shorter transfer time to dive sites from our Dive shops.
Choosing The Best Dive sites options for your Course.
As a student learning to dive the choice of open water dive sites for your training dives are often determined by the dive shop selling you the course, you have little or no say in the courses offered to you. Many shops dont offer any flexible choices or alternatives to long boat rides, some will focus only 6 dives (4 training dives and 2 extra dives) We dont feel the need to pass off additional course dives as extra free dives as part of some cheap marketing stratergy. The dive sites around Phuket are diverse when it comes to marine life and its often the case that the better deeper water sites do have better variation of marine life, however its worth knowing now that you then have to travel much further, as much as 3 hours to Phi Phi Islands. Remember this is a scuba diving course and not an endurance test when opting for Phi Phi Island Diving. Remote islands like Phi Phi often have restrictive conditions at the premier dive sites and these may not be available meaning boats often redirect in low season to the not so popular reefs, this can often detract from you enjoyment specifically in late December 24th to January 10th due to the sheer demand. If Choosing Phi Phi you should note that you can spend 4 hrs travelling prior to making you first dive of the day at around 11am and Often more than not taking a 6 dive option would result in a very late returns
As customers we give you the flexible options – you have the choice to buy the course you want, based on the time you have available, and the price you want to Pay. – We dont force you to do long days and 6 dives… We can teach you in 4 training dives.
Do I need to be a Good Swimmer to scuba dive?
The reason you should be comfortable in water and confident as a swimmer is that after you complete the course and have open water certification you may often dive with people maybe you have never met before, as a certified dive it would be expected that if you you have an Open water certification or you can look after yourself or your buddy if they got into difficulty, hence each could look after the other one, this Buddy system makes Diving Safe.
Pre course sign up information.
- Fit To Dive read this Medical Statement & Questionnaire for Open Water Diver Health Check .
- Remember 18- 24 hours no Fly after a scuba dive
- NOTE: Before deciding to scuba dive, it is recommended that you have some experience of swimming. Learning to swim before scuba diving will allow you to relax and enjoy your dives, feeling safe in knowing that you are comfortable in water.
- Any diver who cannot swim adds additional risk to their personal safety. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer, just comfortable in water.
- Perform a Swim Test of 200m any style or 300m using mask snorkel and Fins.
- Float in water to deep to stand for 10 minutes without any assistance or floation aids.
- To register for either Open Water Diver course program, you must be 10 years old.
- There’s a medical form for any scuba diving activity: you need to read this and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
When you sign up for your SSI or PADI Open water course you will be issued with your personal Open Water Course crew pack containing your Open Water Diver Manual
If You sign up for the SSI Open water diver course you will be issued with a Free Online E learning course..
Why you should book your course with Phuket Dive Tours.
- 2 British Managed PADI Dive shop with 10 years experience – employing British Instructors, making Diving courses safe and Fun.
- We dont employ Young inexperienced instructors with inflated Egos! or employ Interns willing to work for Free.
- We are Student Training Center at entry beginner level – we focus on Beginners…We dont Train Instructors then use them as free labour to teach you.
- All our instructors have many years’ experience, extensive knowledge of the local dive sites, all holding valid visas and work permits.
- Reputation, we have excellent reviews and customer feedback for quality services and customer care.
- VALUE, with our Diving courses we have low overheads so we pass savings back to customers.
- We offer Kata Beach dives in high season November to April as a shorter course options allowing you more time to do other holiday activities.
- The open water course has 4 open water training dives –
- some dive shops wont tell customers it takes 4 hours on a boat to get to Phi Phi dive sites and first dive will be 11:15am
- You can tell us if you want extra time with the instructor, or access different training formulas for the open water dives to suit you.
- We tell customers that the location of your hotel can add an extra 1 hour to travelling per day if staying in Patong.
- The Best Location for your Course and diving Holiday is Kata Beach meaning shorter travelling times often in private transport.
- If you are staying in Patong and have booked a Dive Course you can expect to get picked up at 7am.
- We refund 100% any cancellation for courses by Phone call made before 3:30pm the previous day of a course starting
- We offer Partial refunds if Customers feel the dont want to continue with the course.
- Our Open Water Diver Courses use 100% official PADI Materials and are conducted only by 100% qualified PADI Instructors.
- NOTE: Please be aware of unauthorized operators attempting to sell you a non-genuine diving experience. Scuba diving Lessons / Skills may not be thoroughly taught or excluded entirely, dives may be short and your safety placed at risk.
- We dont charge extra for Group Private courses if pre booked 2 weeks in advance.
Open Water Dive Certification prices includes:
- Open Water paper or electronic manual & Certification card
- Dive Log Book
- Full set of personalised, fitted diving equipment for the duration of the course.
- We will show you how to use a dive computer and why every diver needs one
- Food, drinks, snacks, meals on all Boat Diving.
Book now to learn scuba diving with Phuket Dive Tours Open Water Diver Course and discover the magic of the underwater world!
DIVE COURSE PRICES, FORMULAS & OPTIONS.
Why do we include beach diving as an Option (available Mid November – May) for Open water dives course? This is simply common sense to some people, If you are short on Holiday time then the open water course at the beach will save you 5 hours on Days 2 and 3 in comparison to Boat Diving. If You get seasick, dont want to be on overcrowded boats then these first 2 beach courses formulas maybe a wiser choice
Beach dives allow you to spend more time with your family and less time in minivans or on boats!
Formula 1: 4 Beach Dives (November – May)
This is the best option for those short on holiday time: beach diving is available just 100 meters from Phuket Dive Tours’ Kata beach Dive shop, cutting down on travel time by Beach diving will save you holiday time – most dive shops wont offer beach options –
Get You Full SSI Licence and Certification in 2 Days + Free eLearning Course.
Formula 1: 1 2 DAY SSI Open water Course OPTION ONLY – 1 Beach Dive + 3 Boat Best selling open water Course ( Mid November – May)
- Students must complete all Dive theory as self study prior to starting the pool session.
- Day 1 Morning – Pool confined and review your Dive Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training. 9AM -1PM – (no transfers or lunch included)
- Day 1 Afternoon – Open Water Dive 1 Kata Beach Afternoons 2-4pm
- Day 2 – 3 Open Water dives Racha Noi 3 Dives at Racha Noi – Departs 8:30am Returns 5:00pm –
- Price 12,000thb includes FREE eLearning with SSI or take the PADI open water e-Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool, or beach options )
Formula 2: 4 Beach Dives Minimum of 2 students required
- Day 1 – Dive Theory and confined water skills practice. Complete and review your Open Water Manual Dive Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training.
- Day 2 – Open Water Skills mastery on the beach. 2 Beach dives Kata Beach – Morning 8am – 12
- Day 3 – Open Water Skills mastery on the beach. 2 Beach dives Kata Beach – Morning / afternoon beach dives available
- Price 10,000 THB FREE eLearning with SSI or take the PADI open water e-Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool, or beach options )
Formula 3: 4 mixed Dives beach / boat (Mid November – May Minimum of 2 students required
- Day 1 – Dive Theory and confined water skills practice. Complete and review your Open Water Manual Dive Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training.
- Day 2 – Padi Open Water Skills mastery on the beach. 2 Beach dives Kata Beach – Morning Dives 8am – 12
- Day 3 – Padi Open Water skills mastery from the boat – 2 Boat dives at Racha Yai Island day trip
- Price 11,500 THB includes FREE eLearning with SSI or take the PADI open water course e-Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool, or beach options )
Formula 4: 2 Beach + 3 Boat Dives (Mid November – May Minimum of 2 students required
- Day 1 – Dive Theory and confined water skills practice. Complete and review your Open Water Dive Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training.
- Day 2 – Padi Open Water Skills mastery on the beach. 2 Beach dives Kata Beach – Morning 8am – 12
- Day 3 – Padi Open Water skills mastery from the boat – 3 Boat dives at Racha Yai or Phi Phi
- Price 12,000 THB includes FREE eLearning with SSI or take the PADI open water course -Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool, or beach options )
Formula 5: 4 Boat Dives at Racha Yai
- Day 1 – Dive Theory and confined water skills practice. Complete and review your Open Water course Dive Theory – Swimming Pool dive skill development training.
- Day 2 – Open Water skills mastery from the boat – 2 Boat dives at Racha Yai
- Day 3 – Open Water skills mastery from the boat – 2 Boat dives at Racha Yai
- Price 12,500 THB Includes FREE eLearning with SSI or take the PADI open water e-Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool days )
Formula 6: 5 Boat Dives at Racha yai & Noi islands
- Open Water Diver Course Day 1 Dive Theory and Confined water skills – classroom, pool
- Open Water Diver Course Day 2 Open Water skills mastery – 2 Dives at Racha Yai – Departs 8:30am Returns 3:00pm – First dive 10am
- Open Water Diver Course Day 3 Open Water skills mastery – 3 Dives at Racha Noi – Departs 8:30am Returns 5:00pm –
- This Course is a maximum of 4 Open Water training dives with an additional fifth dive.
- Price 12,900 THB Includes FREE eLearning with SSi or take the PADI open water e-Book manual + 1000THB – all courses come with full set of dive equipment and Certification – (no transfers or lunch included on pool days )
Risk Awareness video for Open water diver course
Related diving courses
- If you feel that you need more time and extra Scuba diving Lessons to hone your scuba diving skills in the pool, we can extend the Open Water Diver Course to 4 days giving you more time with your instructor and revisiting aspects of the course to suit your individual needs.
- Note:additional course/boat/Instructor fees would naturally apply to any extension of your course.
Open water Transfer times to Dive Boats
Our Office is located at Kata Beach, we have Daily Free Local Departures/transfers from all Hotels in the following resorts :-travelling time to Chalong marina is around 15 minutes
Free Transfers Day 2 and 3 from 7:15- 7:30 Patong – 7:30 7:45 Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Rawai Beach – Nai Harn – Chalong Bay (Transfers to boat 15 Mins )
Extra Charge Private car Transfer fee per day 7:00am Ban Tao & Surin Beach 1,600thb – Maikhao Beach – Ban Tao – Airport Area 1,500 THB
Extra Charge Transfer fees per day – 7:00am Cape Panwa +1000thb – 7.00am Koh Siray 1000Tthb – 7.15am Phuket Town + 1000thb
The tour itineraries can be change depend on the local weather condition any changes will be made by the tour leader and boat captain on your trip based on matters of safety
Buy Now online – 100% refund back into your account within 12 hours if the trip is cancelled due to Bad weather – we dont take any money when mother nature stops the scuba diving