Koh Bon Diving takes you away from scuba diving in phuket to a remote uninhabited island thats located 20 km North of Similan Island 9. The horseshoe shaped Island Koh Bon and low season strong waves over time have cut a hole through the island, waves surge through the hole formed and stir up the water. Koh Bon has a breathtaking underwater terrain on the southwestern Ridge is the perfect feeding ground for Manta Rays and this dive site offers the best chance of seeing them in the high season (October 20th – May 3th).
The highlight of the Koh Bon dive site is the west ridge itself,the underwater topography and conditions attract the larger manta rays as visitors. Strewn with colourful soft corals and whips, the ridge has spectacular vertical walls. The famous Koh Bon West Ridge extends away from the western tip of the island and reaches a depth of 38m and is suitable for advanced divers. The diving site is a cleaning station for manta rays, the ridge is a perfect point for divers to stop and look for manta rays passing by the best chances to see manta rays in Thailand, particularly during January to April.
Koh Bon diving itinerary:
- 06.30 am Pick up from hotel transfers by Mini Van
- 08.30 am Arrival at Taplamu pier (tea, coffee served)
- 08.45 am Departure from Taplamu pier to Koh Bon by speed boat
- 10.10 am Arrival at Koh Bon and join up with the Similan liveaboard boat
- 10.45 am First dive (1) Koh Bon West Ridge (Advanced dive site)
- 12.00 am Lunch served on board
- 13.15 pm Second dive (2) Koh Bon Pinnacle or ridge (advanced dive site)
- 15.00 pm Return by speed boat and depart from Koh Bon
- 16.30 pm Arrival at Taplamu pier and transfers by Mini Van
- 19.30 pm Arrival at your hotel
Diving at Koh Bon is also available as part of a 2 day 1 night Departing Saturdays and Tuesdays for 7 Dives
Koh Bon diving – Cancellation Policy
We would like to inform you that from December 2015 till May 2016 is peak seasons. If you reserve the booking with us and then you need to cancel the trip, We will charge 100% of the trip prices.