The digital underwater photography explosion has been a major benefit for underwater scuba divers, making it easier than ever to get vibrant colours and learn quickly how to take great pictures. You can also take lots of pictures on a single dive.
Digital underwater photography has taken the diving world by storm. Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving activities worldwide so don’t miss out on taking pictures and get in on the action quicker with the Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your new camera and store them or modify them on your computer.
During the Digital Underwater Photography course, you learn to use the SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology.
The result is that you will get better underwater pictures with your digital camera faster than you can imagine. You not only learn how to take good underwater photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your underwater images with your computer, storage and more.
The Dive course work and theory for this can be completed in our diving resort classroom using a paper Manual or if you are short on time Sign up to e Learning and complete it on line prior to starting the practical side to your diver training, we can still review the diver theory part in the digital underwater photography manual course while travelling to the dive sites if need be as part of any 3 dive day trip tour.
Digital Underwater Photography Specialty includes all the knowledge development requirements for the course. If you want to take digital photos and video underwater this course will teach you how. In the first two sections, the focus is primarily on still photography – whether you take digital still images with a camera or camcorder. Section Three covers some specific tips on how to capture and adjust image quality with underwater video with digital cameras.
FEATURES OF A UNDERWATER CAMERA SYSTEM CAN INCLUDE:
- Underwater housing – Although most modern cameras are moisture resistant or waterproof, these have limitations, so in most cases its more likey to see divers using them with a Housing.
- Manual white balance– White balance is how your camera measures the color of the surrounding light and then adjusts to give you good color.
- Automatic white balance – Digital cameras do this automatically, but may have difficulty getting a good setting underwater. The ability to set it yourself is a big advantage.
- External flash unit – Even though most cameras have a built in flash, underwater it’s beneficial to have a separate flash. This provides more power and lights from a better angle.
- Full control access – Some housings limit the controls you have underwater. The more controls your housing provides, the more options you have while shooting.
- Wide angle adapter – For point-and-shoot and full-featured camera, a housing system that allows you to use a wide angle lens is an advantage. (Virtually any D-SLR system has this capability).
- Large memory card – The memory card should have enough capacity that running out on a single dive is essentially not an issue
SIGN UP TO THE DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course Theory can be completed on line well ahead of the Dive pratical training part, you can enjoy the dives so much more with Knowing what you need to Know in advance.
Alternativley we teach this as a 1 Day Course on a typical 2 or 3 Dive Day Trip where you get hands on experience and review the Theory while travelling to the dive sites around Phuket, we include all the quipment and camera rental as pert of the course Price, you also get to edit the pictures and keep the ones you like from the dives.
Prices start at 6,900THB Pay 30% Deposit and start the theory Today ask for Details!