Private Open Water Diver Course in Phuket
Get your private PADI or SSI Open Water Diver Course in Phuket you can sign up today and start learning to scuba dive, create your personal scuba diving package on our private catamaran
Covid_19 is worrying for everyone so we offer a private course ensures that you, your friends or Family don’t need to worry.
Phuket Dive Tours will provide a private instructor to teach you as a complete beginner up to your full Open Water Diver Certification in 3 days.
Experience our in house pool 🙂
Beautiful conditions in our in house pool for this team. SuperStarInstructors Michael Kerr and Franck Degousée teaching SSI Try Scuba Pool. www.phuketdivetours.com
Posted by Dive Phuket on Friday, September 6, 2019
Private Open water Diver Course: PADI & SSI options available.
The Open Water Diver Course has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle and the spectacular sights of the underwater kingdom. We have many schedules available all depend on customers’ choice and the time they have available. As our team of pro instructors are licensed to teach both PADI & SSI course options we can advise customers who may be a little doubtful what course option would suit their course time frame, expectations & overall experience and budget.
- The 3 day SSI or 3-Day PADI program is fully supervised by your dedicated and experienced private Instructors.
- Max ratio is 2 students to one instructor.
- You must be at least 10 years old, in good health and comfortable in water too deep in which to stand.
- What’s the difference between PADI & SSI open watercourses
Open Water Diver Course Modules:
- Dive theory – complete and review the Knowledge development sections in the Open Water Diver Course manual; complete quizzes under the guidance of your private Instructor to verify understanding; complete the course ‘Final Exam’ with 75% or more questions correct. If you choose the Free eLearning with SSI we can monitor your progress via your free diver profile.
- Confined Water skills practice – Learn the dive skills you will need to scuba dive. We have our own private scuba diving pool designed specifically for open water course students – this means that there’s no commuting between the dive shop to a communal local shared pool – this cuts down and saves hours of being stuck in traffic and makes your day less stressful
- Open Water skills mastery – Complete and review the diver training with 4 Open Water Dives on a Diving Boat.
Dive Course Theory – Knowledge Development options:)
- Most visitors to the island who are intent on getting open water scuba certified take the free SSI open water course digital training at no extra charge that offers more bang for your bucks complete with free digital C card & digital logbook all available online on your Phone as an APP so you can access your dive card and logbook for free the day you complete the course anytime anywhere.
- You can begin to study independently by reading through the course materials and completing the short quizzes therein. The Open Water Diver Course manual has Knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter, which must be completed. The Open Water Knowledge Reviews will be required by your private instructor on the first day of your 3-day diving course option, so this independent study section of the manual is very important. w
- E-learning courses or online E-books are highly recommended, particularly for those whose first language is not English. Private study before the start of your course will create more time for you and your private instructor to discuss dive knowledge, answer specific questions you may have and most importantly, practice pool skills in the water on day one.
- The PADI e-learning online course is also available from PADI priced at 240$USD (you buy this directly from PADI. cards are mailed directly to your home address by PADI this takes longer around 6- 8 weeks. Digital c cards can also be purchased directly via padi at additional costs. It’s irrelevant what open water course reading materials you choose as both SSI & PADI brands are similar in many ways each conforms to the international standards for diving education ISO 24803:2017. Both are certified by the WRSTC (World Recreational Scuba Training Council) and the ISO/EUF (International Standards Organisation/European Underwater Federation). The knowledge and skill requirements are almost identical which means certifications are equivalent, interchangeable and recognized globally.
Confined Water Diving & Skills Practice: Confined water is defined as a swimming pool or confined open water that offers students the same environment as a swimming pool. Diver training will be often be conducted in a Dive pool, or possibly at a local beach over 1 to 2 days, depending on the course option you choose and how you progress. During the confined water sessions, you will learn Open Water Diver scuba skills you will need for diving safely in open water.
- Complete 5 Confined Open Water Diver Course sessions in the pool or at the beach
- While Learning new dive skills and practice the basic principles and safety aspects of scuba diving, under the continuous supervision of your fully-qualified scuba Instructor
Learning to dive on our private catamaran
You will complete 4 Open Water (dives in the ocean) these training dives are completed over the remaining two days of the course. These dives are conducted at some of the many local islands and coral reefs where you can enjoy some of the most beautiful diving in Phuket on you own private diving catamaranClick here to start your free SSI online course for free no costs incurred
Free access to the open water course video click on the image.
Why you should access the free e-learning
The comparisons to e-learning as opposed to Paper books is sometimes not obvious if you watch the video it will highlight the benefits.
Do I need to be a good swimmer to learn to scuba dive?
The reason you should be comfortable in the water and confident as a swimmer is that after you complete the course and have open water certification you may often dive with people maybe you have never met before, as a certified dive it would be expected that if you have an Open Water Certification or you can look after yourself or your buddy if they got into difficulty, hence each could look after the other one, this buddy system makes diving safe.
Pre-open water course sign up information:
- Fit To Dive: read this Medical Statement & Questionnaire for Open Water Diver Health Check.
- Remember 18- 24 hours no Fly after a scuba dive
- NOTE: Before deciding to scuba dive, it is recommended that you have some experience of swimming. Learning to swim before scuba diving will allow you to relax and enjoy your dives, feeling safe in knowing that you are comfortable in the water.
- Any diver who cannot swim adds additional risk to their personal safety. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer, just comfortable in the water.
- Perform a Swim Test of 200m any style or 300m using mask snorkel and fins.
- Float in water too deep to stand for 10 minutes without any assistance or flotation aids.
- To register for either the Open Water Diver program, you must be 10 years old.
- There’s a medical form for any scuba diving activity: You need to read this and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
Private Open Water course prices include:
- Open Water paper or electronic manual.
- Private speedboat for your 4 open water training dives.
- Free downloadable SSI Online e learning manuals
- FREE Dive Log Book paper or digital as part of the SSI app.
- Free digital certification card with SSI.
- Full set of personalized, fitted diving equipment for the duration of the course.
- We will show you how to use a dive computer and why every diver needs one
- Food, drinks, snacks, meals on all Boat Diving.
OUR PRIVATE DIVE POOL
Private 3 day course schedule
- Students can pre-study the dive theory as self-study prior to starting the pool session.
- Open Water Diver Course Day 1 meet at dive shop Dive Theory and Confined water skills – classroom, pool finish at 1 pm check into your bungalow
- Open Water Diver Course Day 2 – 2 Dives Racha Yai
- Open Water Diver Course Day 3 – 2 Dives Racha Yai
- Price SSI 18,000 THB includes all course material free downloadable SSI Online e-learning – (no transfers or lunch included on pool day
- PADI Course 20,000 THB includes all course material & classroom-based education with certification (no transfers or lunch included on pool days )
- Private Accommodation included first come first served.
If you are thinking of Open Water Course option then you may want to consider to combine the Open Water Diver with the Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty program
You will earn the Open Water Diver and Enriched Air Nitrox (32% or 40%) Specialty certifications after completing these programs each has free online eLearning training materials.
Related diving courses
- If you feel that you need more time and extra scuba diving lessons to hone your scuba diving skills in the pool, we can extend the Open Water Diver Course to 4 days giving you more time with your instructor and revisiting aspects of the course to suit your individual needs.
- Note: not included additional course days / boat/ Instructor fees would naturally apply to any extension of your course.
Our main dive center is located at Kata Beach with transfer time around 15 mins drive to the marina,
The tour itineraries can be change depend on the local weather condition any changes will be made by the tour leader and boat captain on your trip based on matters of safety
Buy Now online – 100% refund back into your account within 12 hours if the trip is canceled due to Bad weather – we don’t take any money when mother nature stops the scuba diving
- ALL PRICES ARE SHOWN ARE SUBJECT TO SEASONAL CHANGE