Science of Diving Specialty Course
Earning your Open Water Diver certification opens up a new underwater world, filled with opportunities to learn about physics, physiology and chemistry, and how they affect the human body while scuba diving.
Your education does not have to end with your entry-level certification. The training provided in the SSI Science of Diving program increases your understanding of these topics, and provides you with additional information about decompression theory, and the components of your Total Diving System and its accessories.
Good divers are always learning. Our goal is to improve your knowledge of the aquatic environment and the sport of recreational scuba diving, and to ensure that you enjoy every aspect of your diving experience.
The Science of Diving program free e learning provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program..
|Certification Prerequisites:||Open Water Diver if in-water training is included|
|Academic Sessions:||Online learning|
|Pool/Confined Water Sessions:||Optional|
|Open Water Dives:||Optional|
|Maximum Training Depth:||Optional|
|Suggested Duration:||12 – 20 hours|
|Specialized Equipment:||Knowledge Program|
The Science of Diving Physics
- The principles of physics
- Measurements used in physics and their conversions
- Gases related to diving
- Gas laws
- Buoyancy & Archimedes’ Principle
- Air consumption formulas
- Energy in the underwater environment
The Science of Diving Physiology
- Physiological parameters and limitations to dive safety
- Physiological effect on humans underwater
- Theoretical foundations of underwater physiology
- Prevention of diving maladies
- Symptoms of diving maladies
- Corrective actions necessary to stop, prevent and or reverse potential harm to the diver
The Science of Diving Decompression theory
- Restate the key points of the Decompression Theory
- Explain the Implementation of Decompression Theory
- List different Situations That Impact Decompression Theory
The components of the total diving system and accessory equipment
- Discuss the importance of equipment to diver safety and comfort
- Discuss the evolution of dive equipment
- List key features of each Total Diving System Component
- List the features and benefits of The Total Dive System
The aquatic environment
- Describe what is involved in scuba oceanography
- Understand the origin of waves, tides and currents and their impact on diving
- List several species of aquatic life
- List potential injuries which can occur while diving
- Describe appropriate first aid techniques
Scuba diving adventures are rewarded with recognition
Why you should book your Science of Diving training course with us!
When you take the Science of Diving training course with Phuket Dive Tours you are paying for a full supervised experience. We have two fully equipped, registered dive shops with strict guidelines when it comes to your safety. We are not an Instructor Development Training Center. We do not employ Interns, Trainees or inexperienced Diving Instructors on the cheap to teach you the Science of Diving.
All in water experiences are conducted by 100% qualified mature Instructors from England, America, and Australia. Our Instructors all have many years’ experience, extensive knowledge and understanding of the local dive sites, each one teaching scuba diving while living in Phuket. All our instructor hold valid visas and work permits. Remember – Dive safe and don’t let just any anyone take you out scuba diving without asking to see their work permit and Instructor cards first.
You can Sign up Now with Phuket Dive Tours for the free e learning course online and Get a Science of Diving training course digital crew-pack that includes your Science of Diving training course manual. Start Read the manual before you start the course and meeting with your Instructor.
Prices are competitive based on our low overheads we don’t see the need to excessively overcharge customers