Apeks regulators are some of the safest around and regularly top independent tests for build quality, ease of breathing and their performance in extreme conditions, whether that be depth or temperature.
Alternate Air Source Safety
The Apeks XTX range of regulators are the world’s first regulators designed to exceed the European standard in Auxiliary Emergency Breathing Systems.
An Auxiliary Emergency Breathing System (commonly known as an Octopus or alternate air source when connected to the primary regulator) is a fundamental part of any diver’s kit, providing an emergency backup demand valve in case of primary demand valve failure and acting as an alternative source of air for a dive buddy.The proposed minimum safety standards only require an alternate air source to be tested to 30 meters (98ft).
Apeks MTX-RC Regulator
Go warm, go cold, go deep, go anywhere. Enjoy control in the extreme with the Apeks MTX-RC scuba diving regulator. Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC is the regulator that lets you explore more.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the Apeks MTX-RC regulator resists free-flows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to adjust the settings for a more comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Apeks recognizes that emergencies can happen beyond these limits and we are the first regulator manufacturer in the world to design, have independently tested and be awarded CE approval for alternate air source products which far exceed the proposed minimum requirements.
This means that an Apeks alternate air source matches the performance of the primary demand regulator that it is intended to work with, tested to depths of 50 meters (164ft) and in water temperatures below 10°C (50°F) where stated.
You can be confident that in an emergency or an out of air situation, your Apeks regulator can cope with the extra demand of your buddy breathing from your alternate air source and safely supply air to you both.
Apeks makes three of only four accredited regulators, the TEK 3, XTX200 AND XTX50. So whether you are at 20m or 200m, there’s only one brand that you should trust – Apeks.
The Apeks XTX50 is for the discerning diver who wants the benefits of a feature-rich regulator at a moderate price. This popular regulator has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret, resulting in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
- Uses the DST first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The Apeks XTX 50 purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used – press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
Apeks products are designed and tested to thrive in the harshest of conditions. However, nothing replaces training, experience and common sense when it comes to any form of scuba diving. So while Apeks products can be found in some of the most demanding dive environments on Earth, never dive outside of your limits, whether that be in terms of your training, experience or physical ability.