Apeks MTX-R Regulator
The Apeks MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The Apeks MTX-R has excellent cold water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field.
A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.