Underwater Navigation Specialty in Phuket.
- Minimum Age: 10
- body and arm position
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver
- Academic Sessions: Online Learning
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: 2
- Maximum Training Depth: Varies with age
- Suggested Duration: 6 – 10 hours
What you will be learning.
- Describe the different geographic formations that can be used naturally navigate
- Understand how different types of illumination can assist you to navigate
- Describe bottom contour types and how they can assist you to navigate
- Plan and execute a dive using navigation
Navigation using only a Compass.
- Take the compass heading
- Make a note of the heading on a slate
- Realign the north arrow after entry
- Swim with proper body and arm position
- Take time to enjoy the dive site
- Calculate your return setting by adding or subtracting 180 degrees
- Reset your compass for your reciprocal course
- Turn your body to realign the north arrow
- Swim with proper body & arm position
Combining Natural and Compass Navigation.
- Describe how and when to combine natural and compass navigation
- Perform the steps necessary to return to a dive site using navigation techniques
- Natural navigation is the easiest and most common form of navigation
- Combining natural and compass navigation increases your skill level and confidence
- Allows you to navigate a dive site regardless of the conditions
Special Navigation Situations
- Understand the additional challenges of navigating underwater in limited visibility, at night and in deep water
- Describe new navigational techniques for diving from the beach
- Define how to make adjustments to account for currents
Sport of Navigation.
- Describe how to complete multi-course headings
- Understand what dead reckoning is and how to utilize it as a diver
- List different search patterns for the purpose of underwater exploration
- State how to plot a body of water using navigational techniques
If you have the Adventure diver “Navigation” recorded in your log book that was part of you advance course, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Navigational training course and this would take only 1 day to complete
If you have logged the adventured dive that you completed in the Advanced Open Water Diver / Adventure Diver course credits (at your instructor’s discretion) as the first dive in the Navigation training Course.
The scuba equipment you will be using for the dives?
We will supply you with all the equipment free for the course including a dive computer along with a full set of basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your Instructor for the course may also suggest other gear needed and deemed appropriate for local diving in Phuket
Prior to each dive you will Complete all knowledge Reviews and attend an Instructor Briefing and discuss Pre Dive Procedures and Tasks
Why you should book your Perfect Navigation training Course course with us!
When you take the Navigation training course with Phuket Dive Tours you are paying for a full supervised experience. We have two fully equipped, registered dive shops with strict guidelines when it comes to your safety. We do not employ Interns, Trainees or inexperienced Diving Instructors on the cheap to take you on Navigation training Course training dives!
All in water experiences are conducted by 100% qualified mature Instructors from England, America, and Australia. Our Instructors all have many years’ experience, extensive knowledge and understanding of the local dive sites, each one teaching scuba diving while living in Phuket. All our instructor hold valid visas and work permits. Remember – Dive safe and don’t let just any anyone take you out scuba diving without asking to see their work permit and Instructor cards first.
Prices are competitive based on our low overheads, we dont see the need to excessively overcharge customers.
Start learning now?
You can Sign up Now and get access to Navigation training course digital crew-pack that includes your Navigation manual. Start Read the manual and watch the Navigation video before you start the course and meeting with your Instructor to plan your diving adventures.
Prices are competitive based on our low overheads we don’t see the need to excessively overcharge customers
Prices start at 8,000 THB and these dives can also be combined with the Nitrox Course
To Book this experience send us a direct email with any questions you may have we can then get back to you. Contact us Now